Ausangate and Rainbow Mountain 2 Days 1 Night
One of the most mysterious locales in the Cusco region, with its incredible landscapes and impressive snow-capped peaks is the Ausangate, replete with beauty and temperatures as low as -30°C /-22°F in June. Designed for lovers of adventure and adrenaline, this tour was made for those who want to confront this challenge in Cusco´s highest mountain, including all the equipment necessary for the excursion.
Price $400USD per person
DAY 1: Cusco – Acatary – Ausangate – Ananta
Our professional guide and transport will pick you up at your hotel around 4.30am with the team that will accompany you on your excursion to the north of Cusco. Following 3 hours on the road, we´ll arrive at La Villa de Quesono at 4100m/13450ft. Here we´ll pack everything needed for the hike while our chef prepares a light breakfast. After 30 minutes we´ll start our 4-hour ascent and take in the gorgeous scenery, as well as some llama and alpaca herding communities. At Pukaqocha (5000m/16.400ft) you´ll witness a beautiful vista of snowy mountains and glaciers, in particular the famous Ausungate glacier at 6370m/20.000ft, considered the tallest mountain in Cusco. Here we´ll take a break and take photos, then start our two hour descent to the community of Ananta at 4200m/13780ft. This beautiful locale will be our campsite where we´ll enjoy our food and spend the night under the splendour of the Milky Way.
DAY 2: Ananta – Rainbow Mountain – Cusipata – Cusco
Our goal today will be Vinicunca (Rainbow) Mountain.
At 3.30am our chef will come to our tents to offer coca tea to mitigate freezing temperatures that reach -3°C/26°F.
Following a delicious breakfast, we´ll be ready to start the 2-hour ascent to Warmysaya Pass at 5035m/16890ft with its awesome vies of the White Cordillera. From here we´ll begin our descent to Rainbow Mountain at 5035m/16520ft, taking about 2 hours and a half to reach the summit of this locale, where you can take photos of its incredible vistas and the marvellous Red Cordillera.
We´ll continue our route to the Red Valley where we´ll take a half hour to snap photos. Afterwards we´ll carry on with our one-hour descent to the base of the mountain where our transport will be waiting for us.
After an hour on the road to the community of Cusipata, we´ll enjoy an inviting Peruvian-style lunch buffet, then finally return to Cusco at 17.00 where we´ll drop you off at your hotel.
- Private transportation Cusco-Acatary
- Private transportation Rainbow Mountain-Cusco
- The entrances to the attractives are included
- Camping equipment with resistance to cold and inclement nature
- Ecological or high mountains sticks
- Mule rider and their respective mules
- Chef specialized in Peruvian and international cuisine
- Food prepared by our chef
- Buffet lunch in the community
- First aid box
- Communication radios
- Satelital phone
- Professional guide on the route
- Alcoholic drinks
- Waterproof and high mountain clothing due to hiking time and dramatic temperature changes
- Winter gloves
- Shawl for the cold
- Poncho for the rain, the climate of the Peruvian Andes changes quite quickly
- Sunscreen the sun in the Peruvian Andes is quite aggressive
- Hat to cover yourself from the solar force
- Medicine in case you need it, if you have any pre-existing medication you should take it with you.
- Money to buy souvenirs and use of toilets