Ausangate and Rainbow mountain 4 Days 3 Nights
You are an adrenaline lover and you love challenges, in Cusco you will find one of the most impressive routes, with its scenic beauties and a climate with temperatures of up to 30 ° below zero, our experts created this route for adventure lovers, combining everything you need and the comfort of traveling.
Price $USD per person
Day 1 -Cusco-Tinki-Upis
Our professional guide with all the team of people pick you up at your hotel at approximately 6:00 am, so that we can go to the south of Cusco towards the district of Ocongate which has an altitude of 3500 meters above sea level (121480ft). which take us 2 hours to arrive, in this place we’re going to meet the rest of the team that accompany us and our chef prepares our light breakfast, so that we are ready to start our adventure. During three hours of our adventure we will be able to observe beautiful landscapes and some local alpaca farms until we reach Upis which is at an altitude of 4200 masl (13780ft), where our first camp will be and our chef prepare our lunch and a delicious dinner so that can relax and enjoy the night.
In this place you can enter the hot springs of Upis where you enjoy a delicious coca leaf tea.
Day 2 upis-pukaqocha
Continuing with our adventure today we will wake up very early in the middle of the incredible mountain range of the Andes and already very close to the beautiful Ausangate mountain.
At 05:00 am our chef will go to the tents with a cup of coca tea or hot cocoa to warm up body and soul before going to enjoy the delicious breakfast.
After breakfast you begin the ascent until we reach the Arapa pass which is at 4960 msnm (16268ft). In this place, if nature allows it, we’ll be lucky enough to see wild animals such as the condor, chinchillas and vicuñas. From this point begin our descent to Lake Pukaqocaha in which it has a beautiful turquoise color, being one of the few lakes of this color in the region, in this place you have free time to take photos of this incredible place.
Then continue until our camp side in this place, where you rest and enjoy our food today.
Day 3 Puka qocha-warmi saya
We start our day at 06:00 am with a delicious cup of coca tea or hot chocolate, after enjoying a delicious breakfast continue with our adventure until we reach the Puka qocha pass which has a height of 5050 msnm (16560ft) , descend until we reach Ananta at 4200msnm (13780ft), we take a break in this place to catch our breath and start the ascent until reach the Warmisaya pass which is at a height of 4990msnm (16370ft), from this beautiful place the small range of red mountains in the Cusco sector, continue descending until our camp, where our team has prepared everything for us to camp and enjoy our food.
Day 4 kayrawiri-vinicunca (rainbow mountain) -Cusco
Today is the last of an incredible adventure, where our final destination will be the mountain of Vinicunca (rainbow mountain).
After our last breakfast in these mountains start with our walk at 05:00 am towards the Vinicunca mountain (rainbow mountain), which has a height of 5035msnm (16520ft), it takes us an approximate time of 2 hours to arrive to this place and have 30 minutes to explore the surroundings and take the photos we need.
Begin our descent to the parking area where our transport will be waiting for us and take this time to say goodbye to our team that accompanied us along the route.
Our transport going to take us to the community of Qesuno where we enjoy a delicious buffet lunch that has a variety of Peruvian foods for all tastes, after enjoying in this place and return to the city of Cusco and leave you at your hotel.
- Private transportation Cusco-Tinki
- Private transportation Rainbow Mountain-Cusco
- The entrances to the attractions are included
- Camping equipment with resistance to cold and inclement nature during the days that we will be in the mountains
- Ecological or high mountains sticks
- Arriero and their respective mules
- Chef specialized in Peruvian and international cuisine
- Food prepared by our chef during the travel time
- Buffet lunch in the community
- First box breakfast
- Communication radios
- Satelital phone
- Professional guide on the route
- Alcoholic drinks
- Horses in the rainbow mountain (in case you want to rent one of these it must be coordinated with the guide)
- First breakfast and dinner on the last day
- Waterproof and high mountain clothing due to hiking time and dramatic temperature changes
- Prepare to carry equipment that does not exceed 5 kg per person (make sure to wear light and useful clothing for the cold)
- Winter gloves
- Shawl for the cold
- Raincoat the weather of the Peruvian Andes changes quite quickly
- Sunscreen the sun in the Peruvian Andes is quite aggressive
- Hat to cover yourself from the solar force
- Medicine in case you need it, if you have any pre-existing medication you should take it with you.
- Money to buy souvenirs and use of toilets