Rainbow Mountain Full Day
Part of the incredible White Cordillera of the Andes, among the imposing snowy mountains at 5200m/17.061ft, Rainbow Mountain is situated to the south of the city of Cusco, with breathtaking scenery. The expedition to be found on this short trek is one of your best options.
Price $400USD per person
Our expert guide with private transport will come to pick you up at your hotel at 3.00am to start the expedition to the south of the region. After a two-hour trip, we´ll make a pit stop at Cusipata, where an inviting breakfast awaits us. We´ll be here for about 45 minutes.
Returning to the road for another hour, we´ll arrive at the base of the route to Vinicunca Mountain. From here, our guide will give us two recommendations for starting our adventure. You will be given two options: a walk to the summit, or travelling on horseback for 80 soles, but which doesn´t reach the peak. Walking takes about two hours to the summit. After a short explanation by the guide, you´ll have some free time to enjoy the area and take photos.
At the end of the trek, we´ll descend by the same route and return to Cusipata for a mouthwatering lunch buffet.
After lunch, we´ll return to our hotel in Cusco at around 4.00pm.
- Private transportation hotel cusco-mountain of colors-hotel cusco
- American breakfast (fresh fruit set, coffee, tea, fruits, bread, butter, jam, scrambled eggs)
- Buffet lunch for all tastes, vegans, vegetarians (do not forget to tell us what type of allergies you have)
- Ecological walking sticks for high mountain walks.
- Water bottle
- Professional Spanish-English guide